Te Wānanga o Aotearoa are offering a Level 3 NZ Certificate in Forest Harvesting Operations (Ground-based Logging) programme at our Tauranga Moana Campus.
Below is a brief overview of what is offered with this course:
• The course runs over a 34 week period.
• Classes run Monday to Thursday.
• Units cover both theory and practical, delivered in the forest.
• All students can/will be picked up and dropped off by the Kaiako.
• Students get a Full forestry equipment pack (boots, chaps, goggles, gloves, helmet, wet weather gear, chainsaw, high vis). The students will be able to keep the equipment following the completion and achievement/graduation of the course.
• Free First Aid Certificate
• Eligible for student allowance.
• All units are NZQA accredited.
• Fees for this course are $7,560, HOWEVER this programme is fee-free for 16-19 year olds.
The entry requirements are:
• Attend an interview
• Complete a pre-entry and fitness assessment
• Pass and have follow up drug tests, reflective of industry requirements.
Call us now on 0800 355 553 to start the enrolment process.
Tutor: Wiki Brass
Programme information: New Zealand Certificate in Forest Harvesting Operations Level 3